Friday, January 21, 2011

Dad's Birthday






Today would have been my Dad's 64th birthday. I went to Target this morning and put together a few gift baskets. I dropped them off at the hospital, and asked that they be given to patients who have suffered from a stroke. I don't know who received them, but I hope they are given some comfort.

I read this verse this morning and wanted to add it to this post.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

5 comments:

  1. Rachael,
    Your parents taught you well and I know they are
    so proud of you. Love, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you started a blog. And that's wonderful what you did today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Rachel! You know your parents are very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very sweet! I know the recipients loved getting those baskets.

    ReplyDelete